A System that Reduces Your Facility's Environmental Footprint.
JanOPS makes it easy to meet GS-42 standards:
- Standard operating procedures
- Building-specific green cleaning plan
- Powered equipment use/maintenance plan
- Environmentally preferable products/supplies
- Cleaning procedures
JanOPS can contribute 6 points towards LEED certification:
- High-performance program
- Custodial effectiveness assessment
- Sustainable products/materials
- Sustainable equipment
- Indoor chemical/pollutant source control
- Indoor integrated pest management
|System 1's partner company, Varsity Facility Services, was the first organization in the industry to receive the CIMS certification with honors designation. Facility Manager’s use CIMS to pre-qualify contractors before they send them an RFP. The CIMS assessment covers five different areas of qualification: Quality Systems, Service Delivery, Human Resources, Health/Safety and Environmental Stewardship, and Management Commitment.
CIMS (Cleaning Industry Management Standard) is the first consensus-based management standard that outlines the primary characteristics of a successful, quality cleaning organization.
CIMS is the industry standard for cleaning organizations.
|System 1's partner company, Varsity Facility Services, was one of the first organizations to certify as a green building company. Through a 3rd-party auditor, Varsity was certified for its green building policy, high-performance cleaning program, custodial effectiveness, purchase of sustainable cleaning products, materials and equipment, and indoor chemical and pollutant source control.
To help meet the growing demand for green and the U.S. Green Building Council's Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) certification, the Cleaning Industry Management Standard (CIMS) and Certification Program includes "Green Building" (GB) criteria and an optional GB designation.
Demonstrate Your Commitment to Sustainability and Green Cleaning with CIMS-GB!
|Varsity is also a proud recipient of the Ashkin Group Green Cleaning Champion Award. The award is given to companies that support the Ashkin Group’s mission of creating healthier, more productive indoor environments with lower burdens on natural systems, while creating sustainable value.|
- Participated in multiple green councils for Fortune 500 companies
- Implemented green products, services and practices for approximately 18,000 facilities nationwide
- Participated in Council for Integrated Pest Management with the EPA, ASHKIN Group and industry leaders in Washington D.C.
- System 1's partner company, Varsity Facility Services, is the only janitorial company whose founder, Don Aslett, owns and operates the only Museum of Clean in the world. Along with the wealth of cleaning knowledge, the 75,000 sq.ft. facility is a model for environmental sustainability by using LEED measures.